Sribu wins top e-commerce INAICTA 2013 award

Indonesian design crowdsourcing marketplace Sribu won an INAICTA 2013 award in the e-commerce category. About 1,000 applicants across 21 categories competed for the Indonesian IT awards at this year’s INAICTA 2013. Sribu beat seven other nominees in e-commerce such as Jarvis store, Tinggal Cari, and Barter Indonesia.



Sribu helps clients purchase designs from professional designers on its network. It’s attracted up to 1,000 paying clients and registered 30,000 certified designers. This might be boosted by Sribu’s collaboration with Visa. The number of paying clients has doubled from the last time we covered Sribu’s progress around four months ago. That also doubled the company’s optimism about its push to expand globally. Sribu’s founder Ryan Gondokusumo explains:

    "Based on our customers’ reviews and feedback, we have proven that crowdsourcing works in the Southeast Asia market. It will soon disrupt the industry and shift the people that previously used outsourcing to crowdsourcing, as it provides much better value to them. The trend is positive and is just a matter of time before the numbers grow exponentially."

The company only has eleven people on board. It paid out IDR 1.47 billion ($134,310) to designers under its profit sharing scheme (designers get 80 percent and the remaining 20 percent for Sribu). Sribu plans to launch a new product package very soon to accommodate small businesses in the local market.

Ryan tells us that this new product will be called the “saver package.” Clients will get a maximum of 15 designs for specific categories such as logos, posters, flyers, merchandising, book covers, mascots, invitations, labels, and banner designs with a starting price of IDR 500,000 ($45.50). This new product is part of Sribu’s customer acquisition strategy. It will reach out to markets still uncertain about using crowdsourcing due to budget issues and trust. Long before that, rival design platform 99designs launched new site Swiftly to gain more users. Another rival, Kreavi, is also in this space.

Share this:
Tags:

About Jessica Priston

Ut tellus dolor, dapibus eget, elementum vel, cursus eleifend, elit. Aenean auctor wisi et urna. Aliquam erat volutpat. Duis ac turpis. Integer rutrum ante eu lacus. Vestibulum libero nisl, porta vel, scelerisque eget, malesuada at, neque. Vivamus eget nibh. Etiam cursus leo vel metus. Nulla facilisi. Aenean nec eros.

  • Website
  • Google+
  • Rss
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Vimeo
  • Youtube
  • Flickr
  • Email

Related News

  • Tokopedia turns 5 years old, touts 24 million products sold last year

    On Indonesia’s independence day on August 17th, marketplace site Tokopedia 1 celebrated its fifth anniversary. Since its inception, the startup has grown significantly and now claims to be the biggest online store in Indonesia. Tokopedia now

  • e-shopping discount sites CouponDunia launch in Indonesia

    We’ve seen e-shopping discount sites do well in Europe and India, but one of those companies is now looking to push this concept into Indonesia. India-based CouponDunia has just launched a site for Indonesia filled with discount vouchers that c

  • Sribu wins top e-commerce INAICTA 2013 award

    Indonesian design crowdsourcing marketplace Sribu won an INAICTA 2013 award in the e-commerce category. About 1,000 applicants across 21 categories competed for the Indonesian IT awards at this year’s INAICTA 2013. Sribu beat seven other nomine

  • VIPPlaza.com premier flash sales site launch in Indonesia

    VIPPlaza.com, a premier flash sales site has been launched in Indonesia that focusing on mid-range brands such as Levi’s, Guess, Hellolulu, Triumph and New Balance with discount up to 80 percent. All the deals offered are last for seven days.