We all know E-Commerce has been booming in India, along with M-Commerce, it is reshaping the way Indians conduct transactions. Last week, ViziSense, a platform that measures Online Audience and Ad’s in India, released a comprehensive report on one of E-Commerce’s fastest growing segments: B2C. Specifically, B2C Non Travel.
The report has thrown up many interesting statistics on the e-commerce market scenario.
Between July ’10 and June ’11, online audiences grew by 40%, but the B2C non travel market grew by 120%, over 3 times faster.
Maximum number of first time buyers have entered the E-Commerce foray due to attractive deals by group-buying and daily deal websites.
By analyzing e-commerce usage, trends within a huge panel of 1,30,000 online users, the report was drafted. Transaction trends are a derivation of the behaviour of 5000 sub-groups of e-commerce shoppers and their feedback. Feedback had also been obtained from Social Networks like Facebook to obtain unbiased feedback of customers’ opinions.
Here are some more key insights from the report, taken from the Press Release:
- Homeshop18 now ranks amongst the Top 3 within the shopping cart sites (by audience & share of transactions)
- Effective use of direct mailers & online display advertising have created more shoppers than Search advertising
- Snapdeal is the clear leader in group-buying/daily deal sites; commands at least 80% of shoppers within the category
- Private shopping clubs like Fashionandyou now comprise almost 50% of the shoppers on Product sites
- Bookmyshow is the undisputed leader within Ticketing sites; its audience is 3 times the size of its competitors
- Services have seen larger contribution to the growth of e-commerce shoppers (almost 70% growth in last 6 months)
Related Tags:B2C Non Travel, first time buyers, Homeshop18, Fashionandyou