Craftsvilla Signs Kareena Kapoor Khan Endorse Miss Ethnic Contest
Online ethnic marketplace, Craftsvilla.com has roped in Kareena Kapoor Khan
as the face of Craftsvilla Miss Ethnic Contest. The actress will crown the finalists of the contest to be held in September.
Craftsvilla Miss ethnic is a one of a kind contest that seeks to acknowledge women, not only for their beauty, but also for their unique ethnic talent. Over 1 million entries are expected for the same; over various technology platforms.
Speaking about her association with the Craftsvilla Miss Ethnic Contest, Kareena Kapoor Khan said, “What I like about Craftsvilla Miss Ethnic, is that it is a celebration of the identity of the woman; she could be a homemaker who cooks exceptional well; a music teacher or a dancer. She has to keep ethnic alive, in her own way and believe in herself. Craftsvilla
Miss Ethnic, for me, is a strong woman who inspires those around her to give their best."
The company will crown a Miss Ethnic, where women all over the country, regardless of their age, can send pictures in ethnic wear and compete for their city/ state title. “The concept of Craftsvilla Miss Ethnic is to evaluate how a participant applies Indianness and ethnicity in their everyday life. It is also about believing in yourself and loving your daily routine.” says Monica Gupta, Co-founder of Craftsvilla.com.
Craftsvilla.com will engage a marketing blitz including television, web and print for the same; over the next 30 days.
The contest is structured as follows:
1. The first phase is upto 20th August; with the call for entries for the contest.
2. The first shortlist will declare winners for each city.
3. The second shortlist will declare winners for each state.
4. The third shortlist will declare winners for each region; North, South East, Central and West.
5. The National Miss Ethnic Crown will be a grand event in Mumbai, where Kareena will crown the winners. This will be scheduled for the 11th September and the winner will get total prize money of Rs. 1 Cr.
"Though the first shortlist will be on aesthetic parameters, the next rounds will judge them on their talents and their contribution to the society,” adds Gupta.