Six makeup mistakes that are making you look older
Is your concealer concealing right? Is your ashy foundation turning you into a zombie? Read between the (increasing) lines of your make-up mistakes with these pro tips from celebrity make-up artist Namrata Soni:
1. Applying too much make-up: "Make-up should accentuate your features, not alter them. A little peach or pink—that’s the undertone for most women."
2. Using the wrong products: "Know your skin type before you shop—cream-based or hydrating liquid foundations for dry skin and oil-free mousse foundations for oily skin work best."
3. Not replacing your make-up to suit different seasons: "Weather changes affect your skin, so it is important to use products for the current season. Use serum-based primers in summer and cream-based ones in winter."
4. Ignoring the skin prep: "A youthful glow is only possible on well-hydrated skin—nourish with a moisturiser, eye cream and a bit of oil-free sunscreen."
5. Not correcting before concealing: "For concealers, follow the less-is-more mantra. Use an eye cream to hydrate—it prevents the concealer from settling into the fine lines. A corrector is what every Indian woman needs to banish dark circles as it hides the pigmentation in the under-eye area."
6. Not removing your make-up at night: "This five-minute routine is the most important one. Never sleep with make-up on, and follow a good skincare regimen post-cleansing."