From classic, collared button-downs to trendy tunics and sportswear spinoffs, there are plenty of eco chic tanks to choose from this summer. We’ve rounded 6 of our favorites, so take a look and choose your favorite while the warm weather lasts.
1. Nihoa Tank The Nihoa Tank from Anthropologie is made from super soft and eco-friendly Tencel and Made in the USA. The lightweight and breathable qualities of this fabric make it perfect for sweltering summer weather, while the simple color makes it easy to wear with just about anything. Pair it with you favorite denim shorts or dress it up with some white trousers or a high-waist skirt.
2. Sleeveless Racerback Organic Linen Tunic by Eileen Fisher Eileen Fisher is an ambassador for sustainable fashion design, as is evidenced by her use of natural and organic materials in each collection, and the fact that they are all fairly manufactured in the USA. This organic linen tunic is simple but unique with its asymmetrical hem, and its lightweight and breathable qualities make it perfect for a summer evening or outing. Choose from a selection of bold colors and get it while it’s on sale!
3. High Neck Bra Tank by Free People So this tank is technically more of a cropped tank or bra, but we think it’s perfect for late summer nonetheless. Pair it with some high waist denim shorts or a long flowy skirt for day, and a slick pair of high waist trousers or a figure hugging miniskirt for night. Made in the USA from a nylon and spandex blend, it can even double as a swimsuit top if you forgot your bikini at home!
4. Yoga Tank Adidas by Stella McCartney Stella McCartney is an designer passionately involved in the creation of sustainable and cruelty-free fashion. Her collaboration with adidas brought us stylish and chic sportswear way before lululemon and all the other yoga brands made it big. This ombre yoga tank from adidas by Stella McCartney is extremely soft, fitted and made from climate® fabric that keeps sweat away from your skin. Cool enough to wear from the yoga studio to the beach or lunch!
5. Star Racerback Tank by Alternative Apparel If you’re looking for a simple but fun all around summer tank, this racerback with a cute star print is just the ticket. The navy on white color combination makes it easy to wear with just about anything, while the design makes it suitable for a movie night at home to a shopping date or even a jog on the beach. Made from a blend of recycled polyester and cotton.
6. Bruised Indigo Trucker Vest by Levi’s Eco Levi’s has been at the top of the sustainability game when it comes to large name denim producers, and they’re proving that with their new line of eco denim made from blends of recycled plastic, organic cotton and fairly production. Their Trucker Vest is so sexy and edgy that we just had to add it to the list even if it’s technically not a tank. You can wear it as one though, and don a lacy or leopard print bra underneath for added sex appeal.
Related Tags:Six Essential Summer Top, Summer Tank Top, Latest Tops