Many makeup and beauty brands have jumped on the organic bandwagon, but a few stand out thanks to their dedication to the majority of ingredients being natural and organic, not just a few that warrant a mention on the label.
Check out a few of the best organic makeup brands, that will help you create the perfect look while also protecting your skin from dangerous chemicals which might affect it negatively. Find out which organic makeup might be the right choice for you.
At least 85% of all ingredients in the formula of each Revolution Organics product are certified organic.
You won’t find any parabens, sulfates, petrochemical ingredients, along with other synthetic or artificial chemical in these products, which are also free of animal testing. Try their Freedom Lip Gloss and Freedom Glow Beauty Balm.
Winner of the Ultimate Natural Beauty Bible Award 2014, Dr. Haushka offers a wide range of natural cosmetics, from eye shadows to lipsticks. Definitely one of the best organic makeup brands, Dr. Hauschka uses organically and biodynamically grown plant oils in all of their products and they also support international fair trade initiatives.
Vapour Organic Beauty
Offering skin care and color in the same package, Vapour Organic Beauty also provides antioxidants, essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals in every formula. Their products contain at least 70 percent organic ingredients, while the other 30% includes essential oils and mineral pigments. From the award winning Aura Multi-Use Blush to the Elixir Plumping Lip Gloss, you can easily create a perfect look while still protecting your skin.
Physicians Formula Organic Wear
Definitely one of the best organic makeup brands, and more affordable than most, the Organic Wear line from Physicians Formula is also cruelty-free and has 100% recyclable packaging. Their products, from CC Cream to Curl + Care Mascara, are 100% free of GMOs, along with synthetic fragrances and colors.
Created by celebrity makeup artist Rose-Marie Swift, RMS Beauty offers pure organic makeup, that’s also manufactured without heat, in order to keep the ingredients more potent. From the renowned Living Luminizer to mascara, bronzers and lip pencils, RMS Beauty has one of the most complete collections of organic makeup.
Dedicated to supporting women with breast cancer, Afterglow Cosmetics is also a supporter of the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics. Their organic products range from Organic Infused Foundation to Organic Infused Setting Powder, mixing the best mineral makeup with quality organic ingredients. Their products are also gluten-free and cruelty-free.
Josie Maran Cosmetics
Using organic Argan Oil, former model Josie Maran developed an entire eco-friendly makeup and skincare line. From argan oil infused hydrating lipstick to Coconut Watercolor Eye Shadow, all the products in the collection are free of possibly toxic ingredients, while also supporting free trade and improving the lives of women with cancer.
If you’re looking for vegan makeup, Ecco Bella is definitely one of the best organic makeup brands. All products are free of synthetic preservatives, dyes and gluten. Their eco-friendly collection also includes compact refills that minimize waste and their FlowerColor Natural Mascara can also be purchased with a membership in Friends of Animals and their Primarily Primates Sanctuary.
Developed by makeup artist Kate O’Brien, Alima Pure includes mineral makeup, but many of their products include organic plant oils and butters. The collection includes everything from foundations to eyeliners, and the cruelty-free makeup is certified natural according to the high standards of the Federation of German Industries and Trading Firms (BDIH).
Jane Iredale Mineral Cosmetics
While 100% mineral makeup doesn’t actually qualify as organic, Jane Iredale Mineral Cosmetics is also part of the best organic makeup brands thanks to their dedication to vegan and cruelty-free products. Try their Facial Blotting Papers made from organic flax seed.